Procure-to-Pay Process Management in SAP
Automation and Optimization for More Effective Cash Management
Accounts Payable automation in SAP increases productivity by 30 percent or more and reduces cost per invoice by up to 60 percent. Optimization provides real-time visibility and information when and where it is needed to put you in control of the process.
Accounts Payable is a complex process that is ripe for automation. Invoices arrive by mail, fax, email and online. Efficient, effective accounts payable management – from the moment the invoice arrives through approval, posting and payment – will have a quantifiable impact on costs, productivity and the bottom line.
Dolphin’s approach provides an array of options to fit each customer’s needs, taking significant time and cost out of the Accounts Payable process. We integrate solutions that automate the insertion of invoice documents and data into SAP, including scanning, optical character recognition (OCR) and e-Invoicing. Meanwhile, we offer robust reporting and analytics tools to give you greater visibility into your current financial obligations.
An optimized Accounts Payable process featuring Dolphin solutions can deliver sustainable cost containment, cash flow management and risk mitigation.
Despite economic recovery, for many businesses, the key to success is to retain the lean efficiencies forced by the downturn, while investing in strategic programs that improve process effectiveness and contain costs. Standardizing and automating business processes such as Accounts Payable will ensure that your organization is ready for the upswing. Efficiency is critical to keep ahead of your competition and contribute to the bottom line.
Even in the best of times, automating Accounts Payable is a smart move. It directly supports an organization’s strategic mission to be productive regardless of the volume of processing or business levels, while conforming to financial directives such as reducing paper and waste, eliminating errors and improving throughput. The ultimate objective is optimization.
The bottom line is this: Efficient, effective Accounts Payable automation and optimization can have a dramatic impact on costs, productivity, risk management and the bottom line.
Dolphin builds the right solution for each customer, faster, to take significant time and cost out of the Accounts Payable process. Our Accounts Payable solution suite provides real-time information and includes an array of configurable options to fit each customer’s needs.
Multiple Invoice Inputs – Dolphin automates receipt of invoice documents and data into SAP, integrating scanning, optical character recognition (OCR) and e-Invoicing, along with robust analysis and reporting.
Real-time Information and Exception Handling – Dolphin’s unique Process Tracking System for Accounts Payable (PTS-AP) InfoCenter is the central point of access and exception handling to all Accounts Payable invoice data in the SAP system, regardless of the status (not posted, held, parked, blocked) or the delivery channel (EDI, e-Invoice, OCR, inter-company, ERS, Web). It essentially opens up the black box from within the SAP solution, providing visibility to where the invoices are in the routing process and fast access to the full invoice history, approval status and original document images.
Contain Costs, Optimize Cash Flow – Ideally, an efficient AP process should enable the department to control costs and optimally manage cash flow. Dolphin continuously enhances the PTS-AP platform with new tools and more analytics to help customers accomplish just that, including:
- Invoice processing features to speed and track invoices in the system.
- Enhanced SAP workflow to streamline and customize the process.
- An InfoCenter Dashboard to assess invoice status, analyze productivity and forecast cash.
- Advanced reporting features to track volumes, status and department productivity.
- Dynamic Discounting and vendor portal
Unique Options for Specific Needs – Every company has specific needs. Dolphin offers an array of add-on components that work within SAP to handle specific AP challenges, including:
- Check Requests eliminates the disruption of emergency check requests with an orderly, integrated check request process as part of the standard invoice receipt, approval and payment processes.
- EDI Interface and Image enables PTS-AP users to handle exceptions for both EDI and regular invoices with one tool.
- Block resolution clears blocked invoices faster using SAP workflow and Web Approval resolution processes.
- Service entry and acceptance streamlines entry, evaluation and acceptance of service details or timesheets.
- Pre-approval/Auto-Coding/Pay within Range enables dynamic evaluation of non-PO invoice details to allow approval under defined parameters without routing via the workflow.
- Significant processing costs from two Shared Service Centers
- Process inefficiencies caused delays in posting
- Little or no visibility or in-house control of the process
Dolphin Process Tracking System for Accounts Payable with header/line item OCR to create a centralized global process to meet the needs of 180 plants worldwide; vendor portal.
- Streamlined AP process – cost savings $7 million and still saving!
- Improved control and visibility
- Processing more than 2.5 million invoices/year
- OCR recognition rate > 70% for all European languages
- Lower invoice process costs, shorter process cycle time, fewer late payments and short inquiry response time
- Short implementation timeline – < 4 months to pilot
For more information…