Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers
Dolphin, a leading provider of SAP solutions for business process automation and lifecycle information management, is growing and we need a talented Pre-Sales Engineer to help us continue our exciting growth path. Based anywhere in the US but with a preference for a major airline hub city, we are looking for an engineer who is first and foremost passionate about what they do. While this is a technical position, the successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. An exciting, humorous and informative presenter coupled with the technical know-how and knowledge to convince even the most skeptical of audiences. If you are looking for a steady 9-5 job where you can do the same thing over and over again, this is definitely not the role for you. If you’re passionate about solutions and love to tell others about it, this is an exciting role with an exciting company.
- Become an expert in the Dolphin Platform and solutions
- Understand how the Dolphin Solutions help each specific customer and be able to articulate those specific benefits to the prospect
- Evangelize the Dolphin Platform externally and internally, in highly technical environments
- Present at various conferences, prospective customer presentations, workshops and more (travel is required)
- Perform solution demonstrations
- Provide pre-sales support to prospects and all interested parties
- Support the sales team on positioning and presenting Dolphin’s benefits to our customers and prospects
- Write as well as you speak – respond to requests for quotes/proposals in an exciting, informative and comprehensive way
- Understand the competitive landscape in which Dolphin lives and clearly articulate the benefits of our platform
- Help our customers plan and scope the Dolphin Solutions
- Collaborate with marketing and development to help develop the next generation of solutions
- Work on the transition from pre-sales processes to the implementation process
- Conduct on-going technical training and sales education sessions with our Account Executives, Partners and others
- Mentor Principal Consultants and Consultants to broaden and sharpen their skills on positioning Dolphin to make it more difficult for the competition to beat us
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for presenting – be prepared to demonstrate!
- Competent with MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Passionate and knowledgeable about software solutions, SAP architecture and agile practices
- One year of hands-on functional use of SAP FI, CO, SD or MM
- Background in pre-sales, technical sales, support or consulting
- Analytical thinker with the ability to translate complex business needs into feasible, valuable solutions
- Strong organizational skills with a proven track record of consistently meeting project deadlines
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- MBA or equivalent
- Trained in Solution Selling
- Technical background in SAP
- 3-5 years of SAP functional experience
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting your manager. Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Development of solution strategies and advice/counsel to Account Executives and sales management
- Resolution of scheduling and resource conflicts
- The tactics to employ and the execution of the tactics to mentor other team mates
- No direct reports, no staff and does not manage a budget
Business Travel and Physical Demands
- Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position
- Road Warrior. Lifting baggage, laptop and projector in the course of traveling.
Must be flexible with ability to travel on short notice.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 22 days PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 10 company holidays
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
If you are interested in building up a young and growing company, we would be pleased to receive your application. Please send us your complete application including your work and education references by mail or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
882 South Matlack Street, Suite 206
West Chester, PA 19382