Sunset Legacy Systems and data to reduce risk from unsecure static data, support future audit requests Retiring applications is becoming more prevalent as organizations move to the cloud, consolidate data centers, or introduce new, more agile systems. The long term impact of financial audits and legal matters is also driving this change. However, many organizations running SAP are struggling with the problem of how to retire these old, legacy systems. Dolphin Accelerated Decommissioning allows companies to sunset legacy systems and data to reduce risk from unsecure static data, support future audit requests, and lower costs related to maintaining aging IT infrastructure. Customers use the Dolphin solution to retain legacy data from systems quickly so they can:
- Upgrade SAP systems
- Switching to new systems (off SAP)
- Consolidate multiple systems from mergers and acquisitions and move to a single instance or from multiple locations to set up a shared service centers
- Replace custom developed/obsolete systems.
- Automated archiving of legacy data
- Identification and purging of data that has reached end of life
- Migration of legacy data to an ArchiveLink repository or other storage system