After returning from SAP SAPPHIRE NOW + ASUG Annual conference, the Dolphin team is finally rested up and ready to help our customers tackle their most pressing SAP problems for the rest of the year. If you weren't able to join us in Orlando this year, we wanted to make sure you knew what everyone was talking about on the event floor and in the keynote and speaker sessions. Unlike in other years, we noticed that this year the discussions about SAP HANA were not merely speculative. Many attendees had either already made the move to HANA or were starting shortly and they were looking for best practices to smooth the transition. Most interestingly, it wasn’t just the IT leaders who were talking about HANA. Business leaders were also there looking for information on how they can leverage HANA to transform their business. As Prof. Hasso Plattner noted in his keynote address the future with HANA is “not a collection of KPIs”. While he and other SAP executives discussed new capabilities such as the Digital Boardroom, overall the focus of the event was on the truly BIG opportunities that are possible with SAP HANA:
- • Speed
- • Simplicity
- • Digitization
- • Coca-Cola Hellenic talked about how they were able to increase the speed of business transformation with a comprehensive data management strategy that allows them to seamlessly manage their SAP landscape which spans 28 countries, 40 production instances, and generates 130% annual data growth.
- • Honeywell spoke of its digitization efforts to support the company's "one global process" initiative. With a digitized invoice process in place, the company has been able to save $10 million from automated processing of more than 5 million invoices across 6 strategic business groups and gained greater transparency and control across the organization.
- • Primetals was a "prime" example of how organizations can leverage the HANA Cloud Platform to simplify their SAP landscape.
- • Reduce a 20TB SAP ECC system to 4TB using data archiving so customers can move to SAP HANA faster and with less cost
- • Process +5 Million invoices digitally to to provide transparency across global, distributed organizations
- • Eliminate 4 SAP systems to reduce the cost of the SAP landscape as organizations move to SAP HANA
On a more personal note, a highlight of this year’s show was the fact that Dolphin was awarded the ASUG Infinity Award for our ongoing support of the America’s SAP User Group Chapters. This award wouldn’t be possible without the hard working ASUG volunteers who bring together SAP users each month across the continent. We were very lucky to get to meet many ASUG volunteers while at the show. THANK YOU to those tireless volunteers!!
We also truly enjoyed spending time with our valued partners PBS Software, TJC Software, and Taulia in our booth as we demonstrated how to improve business performance in SAP systems. We look forward to continuing to work closely with them and our customers in the next few months.
Want to know more about how to take advantage of the opportunity for greater speed, simplicity and digitization that is possible with SAP HANA? Take a look at our case studies and stay tuned for upcoming videos and online events in the next few weeks for even more information.