Data Volume Management Strategies and Information Lifecycle Management Solutions
Managing data and information in SAP systems includes a well thought out data volume management strategy that aligns the cost of storing data with the business value of the data. For almost 20 years, Dolphin has been providing SAP customers with data volume management strategies that:
- Increase SAP system performance
- Control database size
- Lower storage and maintenance costs
- Provide users with fast, transparent access to data
Our Information Lifecycle Management solutions enable organizations to apply these data volume management strategies to manage data throughout its lifecycle, from initial capture to end of life and:
- Manage data and document retention
- Encrypt and secure data
- Respond to fiscal, regulatory and compliance audits
- Retire legacy systems
- Carve out data for business spin offs or divestitures
Dolphin Information Lifecycle Management solutions include an agile set of technologies that can be used across all SAP systems – ERP, BW, SRM, CRM, SCM – including SAP HANA. Our solutions fall into the following categories.
- Data Archiving: Improve SAP system performance and lower costs using standard SAP archiving objects to archive less frequently used data
- Archiving Sessions Cockpit: Schedule and automate SAP data archiving runs
- PBS Archive Add On Solutions: Retain transparent access to SAP archived information
- Document Navigator: Find, display and share document batches from SAP archives
- Content Archive Service for Cloud: Store archived data and documents on a cloud-based storage-as-a-service (StaaS) to minimize space requirements and reduce costs
- PBS Nearline Storage: Store production or archived data to nearline storage for additional compression and fast performance to complement SAP HANA environments
- Outgoing Document Catch-Up: Archive previously unsaved SAP outgoing documents to “catch up” on archiving
- ArchiveLink Migration: Migrate archived data and documents from one SAP repository to another
- Audit Solutions: Retain data in SAP systems in accordance with fiscal, regulatory, or compliance audit requirements and easily output data in requested formats.
- Data Archiving Retention Tool (DART): Retain audit data in accordance with U.S. fiscal reporting requirements.
- Data Encyrption and Security: Encrypt or mask production and archived SAP data to protect systems from security breaches.
- Retention Management Cockpit: Manage retention and destruction of archived data and documents
Legacy Systems and Data
- Legacy Decommissioning: Shut down SAP and non-SAP legacy systems while retaining access to legacy data
- System Consolidation: Keep data available while centralizing the SAP system
- SAP Data Carve-out Solution: The Carve-out solution for SAP data provides a process for handling SAP data in the event of a company or business unit split, carve-out or divestiture.