We’re finally back from SAPPHIRE NOW 2017 + ASUG Annual Conference and we wanted to give everyone an update on what happened. First, let’s start with a few words from Dolphin CEO Dr. Werner Hopf and CSO Brian Shannon from the show floor. There were several trends that we saw at this event that will impact our customers - here are five things you need to know.
SAP HANA and S/4HANA are No Longer Just for Early AdoptersThe biggest trend we saw this year is that SAP HANA and S/4HANA have moved out of the “early adopter” phase and these platforms are now being widely adopted by many companies. According to the ASUG Member HANA Adoption Survey, 33 % of companies have purchased SAP S/4HANA and 28% plan to purchase S/4 in the next 12-18 months. Approximately 8% of these customers are currently live on S/4HANA - but this number is growing quickly. In addition to companies that are upgrading their existing SAP systems to S/4HANA, we talked with many people at SAPPHIRE who were net new SAP customers, moving to SAP S/4HANA from other legacy solutions. For our customers, we know that many of them are just starting on their own journey to HANA - so hold on to your hats people – from now until 2025 things are going to get interesting!
Digitization is Transforming SAP from the System of Record to the System of InnovationAnyone who heard Bill McDermott’s keynote speech knows that the move to HANA is all about enabling the digital business of the future. New technologies such as cloud, mobile, internet of things, blockchain and more are opening up a new world of business opportunities and SAP wants to ensure that companies can leverage these technologies as soon as possible. To this end, McDermott used his keynote to introduce the world to SAP Leonardo which is a platform that will enable companies to harnesses the power of the Internet of Things. This is just one of many new developments available with SAP HANA that, as McDermott said, are helping transform SAP from its current position as the enterprise system of record - to becoming the system of innovation.
Audit & Compliance is on Everyone’s MindThe rapid introduction of new regulations had many companies worried about Audit and Compliance. We had a lot of discussions about how to support emerging compliance requirements in Europe and Latin America such as Standard Audit File -Tax (SAF-T) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). As Dr. Hopf says "Companies really need to get their arms around where they store data, how they manage data and information over the residual lifecycle in order to be compliant with those requirements."
The SAP Community is Hungry to Hear Real-World Success StoriesAs always the ASUG Education Zone was buzzing with activity and Dolphin was extremely proud to support our customers who were sharing their stories about their recent experiences. Our data customers presented several different ways to tackle the migration to SAP HANA.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group talked about how they were able archive terabytes of data from their 24TB ECC system in only 4 months so they could move to HANA before their competitors.
- Chemtura (now Lanxess) spoke of the importance of using data management to reduce system size to controls the costs associated with the move to HANA.
- AbbVie spoke of the broad set of information management solutions and techniques they employed on their journey to HANA to ensure their systems were lean and still compliant with strict pharmaceutical regulations.
- Adient spoke about its experience standing up a global shared services center to process 3 million invoices a year from a single global accounts payable invoicing hub running the Dolphin Process Tracking System.
- Collier County talked about the ease of rolling out a Cloud-based invoice approval solution to its users. The county discussed its plans to expand the use of apps on the SAP Cloud Platform to provide their constituents with greater access to information.