After a very successful User Group meeting yesterday the Dolphin team is excited to learn about how Finance will take a pivotal role in leading digital transformation that is taking over the SAP community. We're thrilled that several Dolphin customers will be presenting their success stories at Financials 2016 this week.
- On Thursday, March 17, Mary Wynne and Arlene Nikaido-Lung of Pepco Holdings Inc. will discuss how digitizing invoice processing across the company's many energy companies resulted in a savings of $3 million in only the first year of operation. In addition to these remarkable cost savings, the highly regulated company has achieved greater control over invoice processing and increased transparency into cash flow.
- On Wednesday, March 16, Tim Waldock of Owens Corning will discuss how decommissioning legacy SAP and Non-SAP systems helped the company respond quickly to international regulatory inquiries and standardize reporting across a diverse corporate landscape. The cost of decommissioning four legacy systems was almost equal to what these systems would cost to operate yearly, so not only has Owens Corning managed to reduce the cost and complexity of its SAP system landscape, it has better prepared to meet emerging regulatory and reporting requirements in the future.
- From Metrics to Meaningful Information: Brian discusses how organizations can use digitization to establish real-time view of the Finance department with key productivity and value metrics. Using these metrics, the Finance department can begin to play a more strategic role in transforming the business by analyzing the way cash flows through the organization to maximize profitability.
- 3 Questions You Should be Asking the Accounts Payable Department This Year: Are your financial processes ready for what the future will hold? In this article in SAPinsider Brian discusses the three questions you should ask your Accounts Payable department this year so your processes are kept up to date and your organization is prepared for the future. Hint: How digitized are our processes? is only one of the three questions you need to know.
- Establishing a Process Maturity Model: In this blog topic, Brian asks: "Where does your organization fall along the process maturity model?" Knowing where you fall along this model will help your organization determine the best path to process transformation. For many organizations adding technology will not be enough. By combining process improvements with technology enhancements, organizations can enable greater process flexibility and drive greater value in less time.