With Dolphin Document Navigator & Output 3.0 Integrated with SAP® Solutions, Dolphin Simplifies SAP Search, Navigation and Mass Output of Linked Documents LAS VEGAS, Nev. (October 18, 2010)—Dolphin today announced the newest release of its Document Navigator and Output solution, designed for use with SAP® applications. Document Navigator and Output 3.0 enhances user productivity and flexibility with richer capabilities and an enhanced user experience, and offers a Web interface based on the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform that opens secure access to SAP documents through users’ Web browsers. Business users often need quick access to all documents relating to a process, date range or common attributes. Dolphin’s Document Navigator and Output solution, in support of SAP applications, streamlines document indexing and search—making it easy to find and access documents whether they are archived or online. With the 3.0 release of Dolphin Document Navigator and Output, users can package and output a large number of common documents—for example, all documents relating to a single vendor—and access Document Navigator and Output capabilities via a Web interface. “Dolphin’s platform allows linked unstructured documents to be accessed and output in a productive fashion, and makes it possible for SAP solutions to be used as an engine for managing documents and reports that may not even be related to SAP transactions,” said Vishal Awasthi, chief technology officer, Dolphin. Document Navigator and Output 3.0 new features include:
- Dolphin Document Navigator as a Web Service. This allows simple integration of Document Navigator and Output with non-SAP applications that may need access to documents linked to SAP transactions.
- Web user interface that can be accessed as a standalone Web application or via an iView portlet.
- New framework to support integration of Document Navigator and Output with standard SAP transactions.
- Support of PP/PM shop-papers in a package output scenario.
- Integration with information lifecycle management (ILM) components to allow queries based on retention attributes of documents.