As the world’s largest packaging company, Amcor offers exclusive and innovative solutions that are at the forefront of the packaging industry. In the past decade, the division has gone through enormous change in terms of sales revenues, acquisitions, and technology advances. About six years after going live with SAP software in 2001 — and integrating a couple acquired business units — the ERP database was getting too big, and hosting costs were escalating, so the division began an archiving effort to address the challenge. As Rob Bobba, Senior SAP Business Analyst said, “The SAP system is very critical to our production planning and sales and distribution, so it needs to be stable and available to the business 24/7." Solution Dolphin implemented a data archiving solution that immediately reduced the size of the system and kept performance at acceptable levels. Results
- Reduced system from 15TB to 4 TB – which exceeded both the performance target as well as the estimated projection for data storage cost reduction.
- Significantly increased system response times
- reduced total cost of ownership
- Seamless access to archived data for reporting purposes
- Able to expand into new territories