Companies implement SAP planning to consolidate or decommission their legacy systems. But often a year or more goes by…and they are still there. Keeping legacy systems operational just to maintain historical information is expensive – they are difficult to maintain, take up valuable space and require specialized expertise. Moreover, the company runs the risk that the system won’t be supported as long as you’re required to retain the data. But business and legal compliance requirements make it necessary to ensure efficient access to this information for audit and fiduciary purposes.
Dolphin Decommissioning solutions enable organizations to retain data and retire systems within the context of an enterprise information lifecycle management (ILM) strategy. Key capabilities of our SAP-centric solution include:
- Proven decommissioning and archive tools and technology, with flexible options for the migration and storage of decommissioned data
- Centralized tools for managing data and document retention periods to facilitate compliance with any regulatory or audit requirements
- Easy access to decommissioned data directly from SAP applications, minimizing the need for additional training and change management
- Single archive-repository that can be accessed from SAP applications or other archive-enabled solutions
- Provides a repeatable methodology for decommissioning other legacy SAP and non-SAP systems